CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Growing So Fast, And They Can't Slow Down

Landon and I had gone to Target on Mother's Day to pick up a few last minute items before the big get-together at the house. We were talking in the car about things and I see him in the rearview looking at his hand. I watched for a minute while he studied it carefully. I didn't want to interrupt whatever it was that was coming together in his head so I waited for him to speak. A few seconds later he said in such excitement, enough to break my concentration on what he might be doing that I tapped the brakes (just in case, you know), "Mom, look! I am growing so fast!"

"I see that, but you need to slow down", pleadingly.

"But, I can't, Mom. I can't slow down."

And there you have it - the secret to life. From a three-almost-four-year-old. We can't slow it down, no matter how hard we try. All we can do is try to enjoy the time we have for as long as we have it. Stop and smell the roses. I feel a little hypocritical about all of this, because I know that I am always, always, always in a hurry. I am going to do my best to chill a little and relax. They're only little for so long!

And speaking of growing...they're moving up, too!

Kylie is making the move from the Kittens(1-2's) to the Dolphins(2-3's). She'll be in the big girl class and start the potty training phase. No more bibs or sippy cups! She's ready to put on her big girl panties, but Momma's not so much!

Landon is leaving behind daycare for pre-K. No more nap time and more of a regular classroom setting. He is sooooo excited because his new classroom has a robot, a guitar and a computer! My baby's not a baby anymore! One more year and it will be REAL KINDERGARTEN!!!!!

What am I gonna do? We've already decided that I can't slow it down. Any suggestions?

3 comments:

Heather said...

If there is a way to stop them, I haven't found it. My daughter is 14 and even now comes up with things that last week were great, and this week she's "too old" for. Like Lunchables. She loves those and when I got her one for this week, she says they are embarrassing!

Mommyto3K's said...

The only advice I have it just try to enjoy every little moment!! Like you said, stop and smell the roses because before we know it they will be all grown up!! Boo hoo, Mommy is so not ready for that!!!

Anonymous said...

What a wise little boy! As mommyto3k's said, just enjoy every moment. Ganow said the bday/swim party was great. And a new puppy! -Pam