CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Sleep Fairy is REAL!!

Well, kind of.

First of all...SUCCESS!! Landon has slept in his bed for 2 nights in a row now. I went in to get him up this morning and before I even turned on the lights, I walked past the foot of his bed, dropped his small gift so he didn't see me do it and went to snuggle him awake. He rolled over, opened his eyes and before doing anything else, he said "I need something special". I asked why and he told me that he slept all night in his bed. Lo and behold, the Sleep Fairy left him a little treat (a deck of Frankenstein cards leftover from Halloween). He was so excited and couldn't wait to play games with his friends at school. Now, I need to hit the Target dollar spot and Michaels, too. I can't wait until Kylie is old enough to use this. Hopefully, Landon won't spoil the surprise for her. You know he'll find me out by then, for sure!

Now to the Sleep Fairy being real. I received an anonymous comment on my previous post about the Sleep Fairy, and it turns out that genius parents have been using the Sleep Fairy to help get their kids to sleep faster and all by themselves for years! Who knew? I just thought that I had made her up on a hope and a prayer that he would buy it. Apparently, there are books and CD's and websites dedicated to the Sleep Fairy. I came across alot of information about how to use the Sleep Fairy and some pretty funny parenting tactics, too. Listen to this, some brilliant parent told their kids that boys and girls that don't listen get sent to Listening School. Are you kidding me? I may have to try that one!

Anyone got any other out-there parenting ideas?

Somewhere I read that parenting is basically just BS-ing your way through. So true!

0 comments: