CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

True Love

OK, so I remembered a little something from last week to share.

So you remember I injured my back a little last Sunday. Well, Monday evening I went to bed early enough for Landon to actually tuck ME in. While I was trying to get comfortable, I was oohing and aahing alot and he asked what was wrong. Brian explained that I hurt my back and that I didn't feel good. I could tell he was a little nervous. He didn't want to get near me so I told him that I was gonna be ok and that I just needed a hug and a kwiss. After he gave me some snuggles and tucked me in, he told me that since he wasn't sick anymore and I was , that I could have his sick bucket!

It gets better, if you can imagine...
The next night, I crawled into bed shortly after he had. This was pre-Sleep Fairy. Anyhow, after much moaning and groaning I leaned over to give him a kiss and to tell him "sweet dreams" he rolled over and whispered something that I couldn't make out. I didn't even realize he was awake. I asked him to repeat and I still couldn't get it. I told him to say it louder so that I could hear him and very sweetly he said "I pray you at school". For clarification I asked him if he said that he prayed for me at school. He agreed. Then I asked him if he knew how much I loved him, to which he replied, "wholer than the world".

There are tears in my eyes now, just recounting this story. I never truly realized how much you could love another human being until Landon and Kylie came along. I knew I would love my children but I never knew how much they would change me. I remember sitting in Kylie's room rocking her while she slept. She was only a few months old at the time. My mom came in to check on us and I was crying. She asked what was wrong and I told her that at that very moment I understood how much she loved me and my sister and brother. I think that was one of the most honest, and life-changing, moments of my life.

I am so thankful for my wonderful husband and our children, and for our families and friends who, if we didn't have to lean on, I might be in the padded room next to Britney. I feel so very sorry for her, that she doesn't have the same kind of support system. I wish nothing but the best for her and pray that she gets the help she needs to be there for her own children.

0 comments: