CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 4, 2008

Memory loss, chaos and a very long post!

I hate that this once a week posting is becoming a habit. I will try harder, I promise.

Ummm.........*crickets*

I can't even remember what happened last week to even tell you about it. It's one of those things that I'll probably remember at 3am. All I can say for sure is that it was very busy.

Since I have taken on some additional responsibilities at work, we;ve had to adjust our schedule a little. I get up at 5am and try to get myself dressed before the kids get up. Lately, Landon has been coming into our room at Lord knows what time to "check on us". He ends up sleeping in our bed until morning, at which time he is up at 5am with me. This has to stop. He is so grouchy by the time he gets home from school I can't stand it. So our goal is not to get the kids up until 5:45, right about the time that Brian leaves for work. I get the kids dressed and we head downstairs to gather all the necessary items for breakfast and "pony-tale" (to us old folks that's show-and-tell). After all the bags are packed, I get the kids loaded up and we head to school. They usually arrive about 6:20(on a good day) and 6:30. Then I get a few minutes of peace and quiet before I get to work at 7. Brian is usually responsible for picking up the kids from school, unless his boss calls one of his famous 15 minute meetings that start at 5pm!! Just long enough to make Brian late picking up the kids. I try to leave the shop by 4:30 so i can get home and get dinner ready before they get home at 6:15. By that time, it has been a long day for everyone. Kylie is ready to eat the second she walks in the door and just as ready to go night-night after her last bite. So she's in bed by 6:45. Our goal is to have Landon sleeping by 7:30, but anyone that has a 3-year-old can attest to the fact that when they know you are on a time crunch, the more excuses they make.

This week I had what I think is a brilliant bribe idea: the sleep fairy. Similar to the Tooth Fairy she checks to make sure that little boys and girls are sleeping in their beds and if they sleep in their bed all night long, she will leave a little trinket for them to find in the morning. I tried it for the first time last night and it worked!!! I actually had to go in and wake Landon up this morning. It was bliss!! I actually got myself dressed in peace! I woke him up and he was so excited that the Sleep Fairy left him some planet stickers. We'll see if it works again tonight. All I can say for now is that he's asleep, in his bed, by himself and has been that way for about 15 minutes. Only 15 minutes past bedtime! Yay me!!! I know it won't last forever but it's worth a try.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know this is weird and you don't know me, but I was looking up Sleep Fairy and I noticed your post -- There is a book called Sleep Fairy by Janie Peterson -- I was a test subject during the study they did with the Journal of Pediatric Psychology -- I had a three year old at the time. The Sleep Fairy saved my sanity, my marriage and my little angel's life! :) check it out at www.behavenkids.com. It's not a bribe if you only reward them after they have done the thing you want them to do. It's a bribe before they do it. It's a reward after they do it. It works! Good luck. (The book is available at all bookstores). Lisa P. (and Monica who is now 11)