CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, December 17, 2007

In the beginning...

Okay, so here's my blog. This was my New Year's resolution last year and the year before that, but like everything else in my life - time is not on my side.

Anyhow, the release of Courtney's blog was the straw that broke the camel's back! I am amazed by her. I don't know how she does it. Raising two boys, running her own business and now a blog!!! You put us all to shame, but we love you anyway! Thanks for the kick in the rear :o) From now on, I will refer to her as WW (Wonder Woman).

Like WW, the goal of my imaginary blog was to keep everyone posted on the kids milestones and achievements and archive them for when the royal subjects are older. To actually put that plan into action is a little daunting, to say the least. That would mean I would actually have to remember details in order to tell everyone else, right? To that I say, I'll do my best. I will ask, however, that if anyone is ever a part of any posts and the play-by-play is a little off kilter, good, bad or ugly, please correct me. I will forever be in your debt. I would like for my kids to have an accurate account of their lives.

So, without further ado...

The holidays are definitely upon us. Our DISH receiver was on the fritz for about a week, so with no TV to occupy us it was shop...wrap...repeat. All but 3 gifts have been purchased and all the rest are wrapped and under the tree. The Little Princess has proceeded to tear all the bows off the gifts and the lower half of the tree has no decoration. Sad, really, but I shouldn't catch her with any more glass ornaments in her mouth. She's like a lioness after a wildebeest for her cubs - snatching her prey when they least expect it. The wrapping paper never had a chance.

Santa came to visit the kids at school this week and pictures were made. Little Princess cried, as I suspected, and Spider Boy looks a little less than thrilled. This is a step-up from the Santa experience at Sundance Square. We waited an hour for Santa to get back from his break because Spidey Boy wanted to see him. We got to the front of the line and Spidey Boy wanted to be as far away from Santa as possible, but still actually "see" him. I put Little Princess on Santa's lap and after she realized I had backed up to get out of the picture, she freaked. Oh well, maybe we'll have better luck next year!

Merry Christmas Y'all!

2 comments:

PamH said...

Melissa: Love your blog and the Santa stories. This will help J & I stay up to date with those cute, cute kids. See you soon, PamH

PamH said...
This comment has been removed by the author.