CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Long Time, No See

A quick update on the bees:

Kylie is quite the talker.

Favorite Words:
Wossy(horsey)
Assat?!?!(What's that?)
Monny(Barney)
Ball - perfectly clear!
Lan-nin(Landon, in her best sing-songy voice)
Done
and last, but certainly not least....
MINE!!!!

Favorite songs:

E-I-E-I-O (she sings this randomly at dinner, kind of under her breath)
Itchy Bitchy Pider (The Itsy Bitsy Spider)
Monny (The Barney Song, "I Love You, You Love Me")

She and Landon will fight over virtually everything. The other child may have never shown any interest in a particular toy/cup/sock, etc., but let one of them pick it up and you know all hell has broken loose! Kylie is a shrieker, too. When she is happy/sad/excited/angry she shrieks. And it's the ear-piercing, only-dogs-should-be-able-hear-this kind of noise.

Kylie is also a bit rough-and-tumble. She is injured more than any kid I know. She cartwheels down the stairs and shakes it off with a look like "Wow, can I do that again?". This week alone, she has 1.)flipped herself out of her chair, 2.)gotten a black eye from Daddy as he tried to catch her from falling off the swing because she let go in mid-air, 3.)fallen completely off the swing and got a taste of some grass, 4.)fell on her hands and knees onto the concrete and didn't spill a drop of milk in the process, and probably countless other incidents I know nothing about. Don't get me wrong, she's not clumsy, quite the contrary really. She is a risk-taker. She acts and then thinks about the consequences later. Landon couldn't be more different. They make the perfect team. Landon as the sly, calculating mastermind of the plan, and Kylie the fearless operative. I can just see it now.

**********************************************************

Oh, Landon! Sweet, loving, gentle Landon.....well, sometimes!

This boy is about to drive us crazy. This must be payback for skipping the terrible-twos. He is so afraid to miss something that he flat-out refuses to go to bed. Once he's asleep, there's no waking him, but getting there is quite tiresome and very frustrating. I know that him actually being over-tired exaggerates everything, but the constant excuses are wearing thin. Potty, water, chocolate milk-no-white milk-no-water, I need my puppy, I wanna watch a movie, I want my daddy, no, i want my mommy, I gotta go potty, I need to go poop. Aaaaaacccckkkk!!!!!!! I'm about to pull out my hair, one strand at a time! So after all is said and done, and done again, he finally gives in about 8:30. Poor kid, I know he's tired.

Besides the whole sleeping situation, Landon is doing very well in school. He has been on green all week. He is writing his name, and almost all of the letters are legible. Landon memorizes a new Bible verse every week, and enjoys his time in Chapel on Wednesdays. And the boy looks forward to Fridays. For those that don't know, Friday is Donut Day at our house. If Landon is on green all week, he gets donuts for breakfast on Fridays. A side-effect of this routine is that he is learning the days of the week.

I have signed both kids up for a trial class at the Little Gym on Saturday morning. Kylie is in the Beast class and Landon is a Funny Bug. We'll see how they do and if they like it and go from there. I think it might be something fun for them to look forward to and to burn off some energy. I'll keep you posted and hopefully, i get some good pics of that.

Brian is busy at work and, frankly, so am I. Summertime is coming and that just means we get really busy. I do prefer being busy over being bored any day.

2 comments:

Mommyto3K's said...

Oh Melissa, I so feel your pain over the fighting. Kaden and Kensley will fight over dirt and I am not kidding. They fight over everything too!! Kensley is a high pitched screamer too and it drives me nuts. I keep hoping this fighting phase will pass, but my sister and I fought until I finally went away to college. So, I guess I have many more years of pay back ahead of me. Calgone take us away!!!!

Anonymous said...

Melissa: I was a bit of risk taker. Loved climbing to the top of the tree, the top of the swingset, etc. Risk taking got me all the way to NYC. Kylie: I can relate. Pam