CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 22, 2008

Mom, I'm Sorry...

...for never leaving you alone, in peace, when you were in the bathroom.

Yes, it is happening to me. These days I can't do anything, and I mean anything, without a very inquisitive little detective on my case. Normally it goes a little something like this...

"Mommy, what are you doing in there?"

"I'm going to the potty. I'll be out in a minute."

"Why you taking so long? 'Cuz you're a girl?"

"No, not because I'm a girl. Do you know how long it takes your daddy in here? Everybody has to go potty and sometimes it takes a little longer. I'll be out in a minute."

"Five minutes? And then I can watch a movie?"

"Yes, Landon, I'll be out in five minutes and then you can watch a movie."

"Okay, Mommy! I love you so so much."

Now, I know, that last part makes it all better. This week alone, he waits and helps me get the toilet paper I need and when the door is closed (and locked, mind you) I can see ten little fingers in desperate search of me. Just this morning while we were getting ready and I was putting on my makeup, he asks "Mommy, why you put that stuff all over you?" To which I answer, "Because that's what Mommies do." He agreed and moved on.

So Mom, please accept the most heartfelt apology I can muster. I'm sure you can appreciate those moments now, but I understand how frustrated you were all those years when you "never had anything of your own!"

I love you, Mom! Wholer than the world!

0 comments: