CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 15, 2008

Love and Trickery

Our little boy is a sly one! It appears he has learned to work the system. I knew it would happen, but I want to believe he will always have that innocence.

A little backstory: Landon's class uses a color chart to monitor the kids behavior - purple is excellent, green is good, yellow is not so good, red is a trip to the principal's office and black is "whoa mama"! When Landon is on purple or green he gets to watch a cartoon after dinner, yellow or worse and no movie. For this miniature movie critic, no movie means the end of the world as he knows it. On Wednesday, I got to school a little late to pick them up. Landon was waiting in the office and not his classroom, so I couldn't check his "report card". As soon as he saw me, he proudly proclaimed for everyone to hear that he was on purple. This usually happens about once a week, so I had no reason to doubt him. I gave hugs and kisses and praised him for good behavior. Boy was I wrong!

Fast forward a little to yesterday evening. I got home very shortly before Brian and the kids. When they walked in, Landon ran to me to tell me he was on green. I was so proud and then...dun..dun..DUN!!!! Brian whips out a note from the teacher dated Wednesday's date. On it was a long note telling us about why Landon was on yellow. Needless to say, we had a little mom-to-Landon coversation about lying!!! I hated to do it, but I had to tell him he couldn't watch a movie last night, even though he was on green. He was heartbroken. I was devastated.

It gets better....

Last night after not getting to watch a movie, he fell asleep in our bed. This is nothing new. We move him to his bed when it's time for us to hit the hay and there is usually no problem. About 10:00 last night, he tiptoes into our room and tries to get back in our bed. I immediately took him back and tucked him in. Not 5 minutes later, he was back. I asked him what the problem was and he told me there were spiders in his bed. Well, of course there are spiders! He has Spiderman sheets. He stayed in our bed all night, until dun..dun..DUN!!!! Apparently, the same second that the alarm went off, he shot out of our bed and ran to get in his. This is a second-hand account, because I was still sleeping. I woke up and asked where he went and Brian said he went to his room. This was very strange because he never wants to go to bed on his own. After about 3 minutes in the shower, I figured it out. I got dressed and went to his room to get him up and after he opened his eyes and sat up on his knees, he immediately looked under his pillow. I innocently asked what he was looking for, and he replied that he was looking for his prize. You got it, he thought that if he was in his bed when it was really time for him to wake up, the Sleep Fairy would leave him a treat. WRONG!!

All I gotta say is "I'm onto you brother!"

0 comments: