CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 4, 2008

I Am Resolute!

You know, I don't think that I have ever made any serious and concrete resolutions...ever!!! This year is different. In order to amplify the gravity of these resolutions, I thought I would share them with the world. I've heard that you are more likely to keep them if you actually put them in writing so we'll see.

1. Be a Big Loser - I mean this in the sense of dieting and exercise. I would love nothing more than to go on the show and just concentrate on that and nothing else!

2. Scrapbook more - this is something that I like to do for me. Sadly, in the past couple years this hobby has been neglected, but I'll think of it this way, I've just been busy creating memories to put in those scrapbooks.

3. Relax!! Don't get so worked up over the small stuff. Take a deep breath and ask myself "Does it really matter, in the grand scheme and all?"

4. Appreciate my husband more - After reading the awesome book I Was A Really Good Mom Before I Had Kids, I realize that I don't give him enough credit. Yes, he drives me crazy, but he is a great dad and a wonderful husband. I do wish, however, that when I give up some control and ask him to do something that I mean that I need him to do it now, not at the next commercial break or tomorrow, but I digress!

5. Read more books that don't have anything to do with childcare or parenting - while those are important and insightful, I need romance, I need imagination, I need Calgon to take me away!!

This is just a start and on a small enough scale that I don't feel so overwhelmed. I will need your help, though, to keep me on track, that is!

I hope that everyone had a great New Year's celebration and that this year will be the best ever!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there--
Yeah! We are excited that you like our book, and you are so right on -- we don't often give our husbands enough credit, and it's so hard to relinquish control. But if we ask them for help, 9 times out of 10 they'll do it, even if it's on their own terms!
Take care--
Amy Nobile & Trisha Ashworth, co-authors,
I Was A Really Good Mom Before I Had Kids

Mommyto3K's said...

Happy New Year!! Good luck on your resolutions. One of mine was also scrapbooking. I need to get caught up too!!! Next time you guys make a visit to Austin maybe you and Courtney can come over for a scrapping night, while the boys watch the kiddos.